Who we are
The Royal Osteoporosis Society is the UK’s only national charity dedicated to bone health and osteoporosis. We work to improve the bone health of the nation and support everyone with osteoporosis to live well through our support services and advice.
We influence and shape policy and practice at every level through our work with healthcare professionals and policy-makers. We’re driving research and the development of new treatments, working towards a future without osteoporosis.
A future without osteoporosis
- Improve the bone health of our nation and prevent osteoporosis
- Influence healthcare providers and professionals to deliver high quality healthcare so that people are assessed and treated for osteoporosis earlier
- Provide the best information, support and services to help people with osteoporosis live well
- Drive the research and development of new treatments and therapies that will ultimately beat osteoporosis
- Caring – we put your bone health and wellbeing first
- Influential – we persuade others to take positive action on bone health
- Innovative – we are bold, curious and brave about bone health
We have been making a real difference to people living with osteoporosis for more than 30 years. This, our new strategy, seeks to build on the work we’ve done so far.