Developed in partnership with leading clinicians using nationally-agreed best practice standards.
- Deliver the best possible healthcare to people with or at risk of osteoporosis
- More accurately identify the number of fragility fracture patients in your service
- Manage your fragility fracture patients appropriately according to best practice
The course is accredited:
- By the Royal College of Nursing
- For four CPD points by the Royal College of Physicians
This course is for:
- Fracture Liaison nurses
- Specialist nurses
- Allied health professionals
- Clinicians working in secondary fracture prevention
- Clinicians working in osteoporosis management in primary care, secondary care and community services
- Healthcare professionals wishing to learn more about osteoporosis and fracture prevention
The course is in two parts: Foundation and Advanced.
Both parts are made up of:
- A series of online modules
- An online assessment
The Foundation course should be passed before progressing on to the Advanced course.
You can complete the modules and assessment at a pace that works for you.
Foundation modules @(accordionItem.HeadingSize)>
- Epidemiology of osteoporosis, including definition, incidence and risk factors
- Fracture risk assessment, including fracture risk tools, nutritional assessments, DXA scanning and vertebral fractures
- Management of osteoporosis, including drug treatment, adherence, monitoring and non-pharmacological treatments
- Falls assessment and management, including risk factors and Fracture Liaison Services (FLS)
- Complex cases of osteoporosis
Advanced modules @(accordionItem.HeadingSize)>
- Bone physiology and risk-factors for osteoporosis
- Common investigations and their impact in fracture risk assessment, including DXA scanning
- Drug treatments in osteoporosis management and their rare side-effects
Access to the online learning modules
Register with no fee, and pay for the assessments when you're ready.
This is a fantastic course. So well put together with experts at the helm. I have learned so much - it's given me a huge knowledge base to give advice, and more informed, skilled care to patients. Thank you.