Your genes determine the potential size and strength of your skeleton, but that doesn’t mean your bone health is out of your control. There are things you can do to help them stay strong and healthy, and reduce your risk of osteoporosis and broken bones.
Bone tissue is alive and constantly changes through life to make sure it remains as healthy as possible.
Through a combination of:
- eating the right foods
- being active
- leading a healthy lifestyle
- you can support your body as it builds and maintains your bones, to keep your bones strong and healthy for as long as possible.
- Bone health checklist -It's never too late to start taking action for your bones. Find out if there's anything you can change to protect your bones.
- Exercise for bones - Being physically active and doing exercise helps to keep bones strong and healthy throughout life. Find out what exercise can help your bones.
- Nutrition for bones - Eating and drinking the right things can help support your bone health at every stage of your life. Find out how you can eat to protect your bones.
- Vitamin D - Vitamin D helps your body to absorb and use calcium, which gives your bones strength. Learn more about how to get your daily dose of this vital vitamin.
Become a member and get all the latest information to keep your bones healthy