Amgen launches new Competitive Grant Program in Bone Research
Research | Osteoporosis Management
02 May 2019
Pharmaceutical company Amgen has announced the launch of its new Competitive Grant Program in Bone Research.
The independently-reviewed competitive grant programme aims to fund innovative research to improve the quality of osteoporosis care and patient outcomes, and provides an opportunity for investigators around the world to compete for individual grants of up to 150,000 USD.
Areas of research eligible for funding under the Competitive Grant Program in Bone Research include:
- Longitudinal data describing long-term (5+ years) osteoporosis care relative to the diverse guidelines
- Effectiveness of post-fracture care programs demonstrated at a regional or global level
- Delivery of optimal care for osteoporosis in the primary care setting
- Impact of osteoporosis on patient quality of life, including loss of independence
- Health system interventions to improve screening rates in high-risk osteoporosis patients
- Novel tools and approaches beyond bone-density scanning (DXA) to identify high-risk osteoporosis patients
- Solutions to improve patient adherence to their osteoporosis care regimen
If you're interested in improving the quality of osteoporosis care and patient outcomes, find out more and apply online.
The deadline for applications is Friday 28 June.