Free osteoporosis Helpline
0808 800 0035
Royal Osteoporosis Society
Get tailored information about osteoporosis and bone health, and to find out how we can help.
The Helpline is free from UK landlines, mobiles and call boxes.
The service is provided by:
- Nurses with specialist knowledge of osteoporosis and bone health
- Helpline Support Officers, who can discuss the different ways the charity can support you
Our nurses are supported by a group of scientific and medical advisers, to ensure the information they give is accurate, independent and up-to-date.
You do not need to be a member of the charity to use this service.
How to contact the Helpline
You can contact our specialist nurses in one of three ways:
- Call 0808 800 0035 - free from all UK landlines, mobiles and call boxes
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for a reply within 5 working days
- Write to the nurses for a reply within 7 working days: Helpline, Royal Osteoporosis Society, Camerton, Bath, BA2 0PJ
Our nurses are here to take your call between 09:00 and 17:00, Monday to Friday, with the exception of Bank Holidays and Christmas closure. Occasionally, the Helpline is closed for training.
Callers who are hard of hearing can use Typetalk. A translation service is provided for calls via Languageline.
Nurse training days 2019
The Helpline is closed for training on the following days and times:
- Thursday 03 October - 09:00 to 14:00
Frequently asked questions
Do I need a medical problem to contact the helpline?
I am feeling very low - can the Helpline help me?
What happens if the telephone Helpline is busy?
Do the nurses give medical advice?
What do people call the Helpline about?
Is the helpline confidential?
Are calls recorded or monitored?
If I have a comment to make about the service, whom do I contact?