Join our clinical expert panel
01 Sep 2020
We have a vacancy on our Bone Densitometry Training and Advisory Panel.
We’re looking for somebody with the National Training Scheme in Bone Densitometry (NTSBD) certificate and from a nursing background, or an AHP who has recently completed the course.
The Bone Densitometry Training and Advisory Panel:
- supports the development and delivery of NTSBD
- advises on all aspects of DXA and bone mineral measurement, for example:
- synthesing evidence and drafting a ‘position statement’ on new technology for bone mineral measurement
- supporting the authorship of guidance and standards.
The panel is made up of clinical expert volunteers who are registered AHPs, Dr’s and Clinical Scientists from clinical practice and academia.
Time commitment is:
- up to three meetings annually (currently by video call)
- attendance at the training scheme (two days every 18 months)
- some additional tasks, such as preparing slides, writing, or reviewing work.
The position is voluntary, with travel expenses reimbursed.
To find out more and express your interest, please email Jill.Griffin@theros.org.uk