New Scientist Award
A £4,500 award recognising the outstanding work of a new investigator pursuing research into osteoporosis and/or fragility fractures.
How to apply
To apply for the New Scientist Award 2020, please submit the following documents to email@example.com.
- A completed application form
- A copy of your CV, including a list publications and funding
The deadline for applications is 4 May 2020.
The winner will be informed by 4 October 2020.
You can apply if:
- You've been involved in research activities for no more than 10 years (no more than 15 years’ experience from date of undergraduate degree graduation)
- You're actively involved in research at a university, postgraduate institute, medical school or NHS trust in the UK or other British Islands
- You're a Healthcare Professional Member of the Royal Osteoporosis Society
- You can demonstrate a commitment to the charity's research objectives
- You're not an employee of a pharmaceutical or commercial company
The Award consists of:
- A £4,000 research grant to further your research career, and could include, but is not limited to, IT equipment, funding a research project or attending conferences
- A £500 recognition gift
- An invitation to attend Osteoporosis Conference 2020 to receive the Award, and give a 15-minute presentation on your work and how you intend to utilise the prize
- An invitation to write an article for our quarterly healthcare professional journal, Osteoporosis Review