In the context of these terms and conditions, the following words shall have the following meanings:
"Material" means any information, data, text, graphics, links, programming code or other material published, contained or available on the Website;
"Royal Osteoporosis Society" means the Royal Osteoporosis Society, a charity registered under number 1102712 in England and Wales and in Scotland under number SC039755. A company limited by guarantee registered under number 04995013 in England and Wales with its registered offices at Cameron, Bath, BA2 0PJ;
“Terms and Conditions” means the terms and conditions set out below, including where applicable, the Registration Terms and Conditions;
"User" means the individual, firm, company or organisation accessing the Website and/or ordering any goods or services registering for any events and/or making any donations;
"Website" means https://theros.org.uk/, or any other website under Royal Osteoporosis Society's ownership or control from which a link has been created to these Terms and Conditions;
"We", "us" and "our" means Royal Osteoporosis Society;
"You", "your" and "yours" means the person(s) accessing the Website.
2. Terms and conditions
We may revise our Terms and Conditions at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in our Terms and Conditions may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our Website
You may use our Website only for lawful purposes. You may not use our Website:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our Content Standards for Interactive Services.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our Website;
- any equipment or network on which our Website is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our Website; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
5. Interactive Services Policy
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our Website (the "Interactive Services"), including, without limitation:
- A forum; and
- A Members' section.
Where we do provide any Interactive Services, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for Users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our Website, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any Interactive Services we provide on our Website, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any Interactive Services by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any of our Interactive Services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not foolproof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
6. Content Standards for Interactive Services
The below content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our Website ("Contributions"), and to any Interactive Services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
7. Suspension and Termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions through your use of our Website. When a breach of these Terms and Conditions has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with the content standards constitutes a material breach of the Terms and Conditions upon which you are permitted to use our site, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Website.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our Website.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of these Terms and Conditions. The responses described in these Terms and Conditions are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
It is not necessary to request permission to link to the Website, although we reserve the right to request the removal of any link. Where we provide links to external websites, we do so for information purposes only. We are not responsible for the content of any other websites or pages linking to or from our Website. We have not verified the content of any such websites and links to external websites do not imply any endorsement of the material on those websites. If you choose to follow links to external websites you do so at your own risk. It is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against viruses or other destructive elements.
9. Copyrights and trade marks
Copyright in the Material is owned by Royal Osteoporosis Society or its content suppliers. Unauthorised use of the Material including reproduction, storage, modification, distribution or republication without the prior written consent of Royal Osteoporosis Society or, where applicable, the respective copyright owner(s) is prohibited.
The names and logos of Royal Osteoporosis Society and all related product and service names, designs marks and slogans are the trade names, service marks or trade marks of Royal Osteoporosis Society and may not be used without the prior consent of Royal Osteoporosis Society.
10. Reliance on Information Disclaimer
You expressly agree that the use of the Website is at your sole risk and discretion. We provides the Website on an "as is" and "as available" basis, without representations or warranties of any kind. All warranties and representations, including, but not limited to, implied warranties and representations such as those relating to fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement, and those arising by statute or otherwise in law or from a course of dealing or usage in trade are expressly disclaimed. Without limitation to the foregoing, We give no representations or warranties regarding the accuracy, completeness, currency, or reliability of any of the content or data found on the Website. We do not warrant or represent that the Website or its content is free of viruses, worms or other code that might be contaminating or destructive.
We are not a medical organisation and provide information rather than advice. The content on our Website is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. In particular, this information is not a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified healthcare professional. If you are not a healthcare professional, then you should ALWAYS check with a healthcare professional before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content of the Website. If you are a healthcare professional then this information (including any professional reference material) is intended to support, not replace, your own knowledge, experience and judgment.
In no event are We liable for any direct or indirect losses or damages of any kind whatsoever, whether based in contract, tort, strict liability, or otherwise, arising out of or in any way connected with: your use of or inability to use the Website; the provision of or failure to provide services; any information, products, services, software or graphics obtained through the Website.
If you have made a donation in error please contact email@example.com.
We reserve the right to use your donation for our general purposes and we will use your donation for any purpose in accordance with our own rules. Unfortunately we cannot necessarily guarantee that donations that you make will be earmarked for a particular appeal or project but they will go towards further the aims of the Royal Osteoporosis Society.
When a donation is made on the Website and charged to your card the transaction is final and not disputable unless unauthorised use of your payment card is proved. If you become aware of fraudulent use of your card, or if it is lost or stolen, you must notify your card provider in accordance with its reporting rules.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and any dispute arising from these Terms and Conditions or your use of the Website shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.